There is so much fun news to share this month!
1) Open Studios – I am very proud to announce that I have made it into the Arts Council Santa Cruz County’s Open Studios again this year. This will be my 5th appearance in five years. Open Studios takes place the first three weekends of October. My two weekends are October 5th and 6th, and October 19th and 20th, 10am to 5pm each day. Location: 10295 Riverside Drive, Ben Lomond, California. Be sure to put these dates onto your calendar and come on out for a great time of viewing the many talented artists of Santa Cruz County in their studios and workspaces. My show this year is titled, “Retro Nudes – A Look Back at the Past.” Here is a link to the seven images and artist’s statement that I submitted – http://www.
3) A Must See Show – After monthly shows with guest artists in March, April, and May, I have decided that my next show will not be until Open Studios in October. With several of my past Open Studios’ shows I worked right up to showtime doing major construction and expansion of my galleries. This year all construction is completed, the new gallery expansion is in place, and I want to spend these next several months putting together and presenting a body of work that is the very best I have ever created. I am working with new editing techniques, using new photo printing papers, and hand making my own frames. At this time I envision four different areas in my galleries, each dedicated to one of my genres of work – Landscapes, Figures, Contemplative, and Portraits. I’m even thinking of painting the walls in each area a very light pastel color that will compliment the images in that particular area. In short, I want to knock people’s socks off this year, and I want to take all the time I need to get my sock knockers ready! I want this to be my best show ever, so please put October 5th, 6th, 19th, and 20th, 10am to 5pm, on your calendars. I promise to give you the very best I’ve got!
4) Santa Cruz Art League – “All Those Figures” – Here are the three images that I am submitting for consideration to the Santa Cruz Art League’s National Juried Show “All Those Figures.” I hope you enjoy them. As I look at my submissions for Open Studios and then these three for the Art League, I realize that my nude figure photography is definitely evolving into a very natural and authentic personal style. http://frankleonard.com/santa-cruz-art-league-all-those-figures/
5) Portrait Photography – Even though I have advertised portrait photography as a part of the services I offer, it has only been recently that I have come to really enjoy and grow in this area of my photography. Whether it’s a graduation, a birthday, an anniversary, or just a chance to create a gift for yourself or another, I would be pleased to help you create a portrait that you will be proud to share. Please visit my new portrait page to see samples of my work and my very affordable pricing – http://www.
6) Boudoir Photography – My boudoir photography services also continue to grow. I am really enjoying the work and my customers are very pleased with the images they receive. Whether it’s for a husband, a boyfriend, a partner, or yourself, I would consider it a privilege to photograph you indoors or outdoors, in beauty and respect. Please visit my newly designed boudoir page to see samples of my work and my very affordable pricing – http://www.
7) Event Photography – I also do event photography. Whether it’s a Bar or Bat Mitzvah, sporting event, party, or other special events (I don’t do formal wedding photography) I enjoy connecting with people and helping those at your event feel relaxed as I do my photography. Very reasonable rates. Here’s my event photography page – http://www.